Monday, February 1, 2010


The Bride Backfire by Kelly Eileen Hake
Prairie Promises Series #2
June 2009
Barbour Publishing
ISBN 1602601763

Historical Romance






Book Review






I read the ARC readers copy of this novel so I am assuming that all mistakes within this copy will be corrected for the finalized version. It was hard to read because of the typos but I read it all the way.




Opal Specks is trying to keep the peace between her family and the Grogans. Both families have been in war with each for many years. Yet fate steps in when Adam Grogan life is about to end at the hands of her family when she blurts out that he is the father of her unborn child.

This is a journey of one young woman’s quest to end the family feuds once and for all. Adam is just along for the ride when he is forced into marrying Opal at gunpoint. He always knew there was something special about his new bride. Now he plans to show her just how much he cares for her.


Here comes drama.


Adam’s family suspicion raises his doubts in Opal. Nothing know the true reason, he sides with his family. Opal has slowly fallen for her husband and tries to tell Adam the truth but something always comes in between them.


Larry Grogan wants Opal... He doesn’t care that she is married to his brother. Opal was his ‘first’ and he will do whatever it takes to make everyone realize that.
The Bride Backfire had me from the beginning.


As I kept on reading, there were parts that had me screaming my head off in frustration. Other times, I could not help but smile at the sigh worthy moments. This isn’t my usual type of reading novel but boy was I ever glad that I did read The Bride Backfire. I am still smiling as I type up the review. I absolutely love this story and can’t wait to read more by Kelly Eileen Hake. The Bride Backfire is such a sigh worthy romance that is going to appeal to many readers.  This has been a truly wonderful joy to read and that it will be cherished by many for long time to come.

 I give The Bride Backfire a 5 Star Rating.




Veronica
Strictly Reviews







No comments: